Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Puppies and Babies


This might be one of the most unique titles I have ever come up with for a post. 

First of all, I am so grateful for all of the supportive comments that all of you so graciously gave regarding my last post of the wedding. I am in the beginning stages of finding out how rewarding this job can be and I just feel extremely blessed to have so many people take the time to encourage me. So with that being said, thank you so much!


This weekend I got a chance to stop by my sister's house and see my cute nephew and these hour-old puppies! Roxy, one of their german shepherds, just had eight puppies. I never realized how small they are when they are first born!



I only got to photograph the first three puppies while I was there. The rest were born after I left.


There is a pretty cool story that I have to share. There were actually nine puppies born but the last two of the nine were still-born. Ryan (my brother-in-law) did CPR on the 8th puppy (blowing in it's little mouth and pressing on its belly) and revived him! How crazy is that? I really did not even realize that was possible. Unfortunately, the last one didn't make it but what a great survival story for the 8th puppy!


They will be selling them within a couple of weeks, so I suggest you think about adopting one of these precious dogs.


And now to my favorite subject, Evan!




I don't really have a great story to tell about Evan, but I think he is just so cute. He is starting to use his abs now and pull himself up from laying down. He is only 5 months! I feel like it is all happening so fast.

I have a new DIY project in mind that Jacob and I are planning. Hopefully we will be sharing it soon!


10 comments:

  1. sorry i am a creep and always comment. but this post alone makes me want to move back to winston. baby evan+puppies=pwanging on my heart strings, you're killin a girl here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely move back to Winston. PLEASE.

      Delete
    2. sara said it. Mrs. Castle, (haha that's fun!) you're warming my heart a whole 650 miles away!!

      Delete
  2. Photos are really good, Amanda -- especially the B&W of Evan at top. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I for real want one of those puppies. Too bad, I don't think this family would appreciate me adding a dog into the mix of an 8 person household. :) PS Way to go on fixing the commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can even reply! It was actually quite easy. I can't believe it took me this long to fix it....

      Delete
  4. Good pic Amanda !! Evan is such a cutie ,he's always smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good pic Amanda !! Evan is such a cutie ,he's always smiling :)
      ...Sophie...

      Delete
  5. Great job Amanda!! This is so awesome. You are so talented and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete